Saturday 23 October 2010

New Vegas, Atmospheric Music, Factions, Glitches....[MILD SPOILERS]

Heya guys. Just a post telling you all, just how far I've got with New Vegas since I got the game...which isn't very far at all after 10 hours of game play so far :P

Well picking up from where I left off last time which was the starting town, I've managed to complete a few quests around there and moved on to some newer places to see what the rest of the game offers...It didn't take too long to encounter the one of the two main factions, the NCR (New California Republic)!! They seem to have a few outposts around the wasteland so far, not encountered a main base or any high end leaders but from what I've seen so far they seem pretty alright..Nothing spectacular about them. Their outposts especially in on part does have a nice something something, it's nothing MASSIVE but it does look pretty cool, I'll let you guys find out yourself's :) Given some quests by them, done them, one of which introduced me to the opposing faction, Caesar's Legion...

First impressions upon seeing these guys... HOLY SHIT, don't let the name fool you, these guys are a bunch of bondage fags dressed as Romans, these guys are serious business. Seeing one of their "arts" of work while being introduced will leave you with a nice touchy feeling, if you've got a dark side to you. There isn't much I can really talk about with these guys apart from that, they seem to do whatever it takes to get the job done, and they will definitely leave their mark one way or another in ways you can't imagine. One thing I would love to express is the music being played while meeting these guys, it is probably one of the greatest atmospheric sounds I've heard in a game in a while, it leaves you so tense and in ways scared at what is going on. Proper demonic, dramatic tension and willy tingling atmosphere!! I'm super serial people, you will love this small but yet great piece of part of the game which will definitely leave you wanting to come back for more, even if it is just for more exploration!

Quick mention also, I've managed to acquire my first companion in the game, not going to say where or how you get this companion! Also got the achievement for getting first companion (Whoo!). The companion interface is also one of the new implemented features to the game which seems to be really useful for when I get into action with the companion ( ;) ). No, not that way, but I do wish for some. You are able to change tactics, give/take items, heal, walking distance, wait or follow. They've definitely improved a hell of a lot on the way companions work in the game which I am happy to see :)

Last thing I'll talk about is my first encounter with a few glitches, first one was one of main dudes had is head stuck in the ceiling and was running in mid-air (I assume the ceiling had epic nom nom moment), but it was wacky!! No idea if this had been fixed yet, but was quite funny to see tbf... Second glitches I have seen is NPCs walking into object while they walking, such as barrels and rocks, and just getting no where!! They are just walking into them with no intention of going around it, "BLOODY ROCKS! HOW DO THEY WORK?" they must be thinking?! Another funny glitch was quite amusing, was while visiting a lovely NCR post, drinking some coffee and having a cigarette, I looked over and noticed a man typing on THIN AIR!! I looked around and he had got a trend going, everyone was typing on thin air! There were no computers but these guys must've loved computers so much, they'd have to imagine a computer so hard for it to actually be thee, but to no avail for them, it wasn't happening! Either way, I assume these glitches will get patched soon, so these guys can get their way around these rocks and the NCR can finally get their computers for interwebbing!

Anyway, that'll be all for now, I'll post again in a couple of days discussing hopefully some different games and  let you guys know how further I've got with the game!!

P.S I did take screenshots of these glitches, but Fallout saved them to a location I can't find, I assume this is something to do with it being a steam product, hopefully though, I'll find them soon and post em up for LOLs soon.

Til next time :) Buhbye with another Fallout post <3
Daz-Noob, happy gaming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment